Monday, January 25, 2010

Ah, To Be Home

So I made it to New York. My parents, who were kind enough to drive me, and I got in last night. Strangely enough, it's almost the same distance from Salt Lake to MN as it is from MN to NYC. Like within 50 miles. If I keep up with this pattern, the next time I move it'll be to either Lafayette, Louisiana or Sundance, Manitoba.
I think I'll break it.

No new recipes as of yet, since I spent the day unpacking and getting drenched (55 degrees, but minor torrential rains, a flood of less than biblical proportions, and small Asian ladies being blown into the sidewalk by the wind).

Instead, here is some of the scenery from the drive in.


Scenic New Jersey:


The lovely Holland Tunnel:

And exotic New York:


I think for the next 6 months it'll be me trying to pretend that the buildings are mountains.

Although I did manage to try one of the neighborhood places for lunch, the Park Plaza Restaurant:

It's a lot bigger on than it looks. The bathroom inside is not.

The lunch counter where I did not eat my lunch.

Tomorrow I will be brave and bold and venture out to find a Best Buy, where I can return the wrong cable I bought for one that will work, and a matress pad for the brick I call a bed. And if I'm very, very good, maybe lunch from a hot dog cart. High class all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment