Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Hate The Food Network

I have managed to live for the last 3 years without cable television. I spend more time with friends, more time out doing photography and playing music, and more time cooking and baking. The fact that I don't have five million channels at my fingertips doesn't bother me at all. I actually like the quiet. That being said, I have watched more TV in the last month than I have in the last year. And it is all because of the Food Network.

For the past 48 hours, it has been nothing but a marathon of Ace of Cakes, Worst Cooks In America, Throwdown, Iron Chef America, Good Eats, Food Network Challenge, and everything else they play on there. As soon as one ends and I think I can start my day, something else will come on that makes me stay in my seat.

This makes it next to impossible for me to get anything done, let alone pack for the big move that happens on Friday. At this rate, I'll be lucky if I can remember to throw a few things into a box and leave. Although it would be interesting to see how I'd try to get by with a waffle iron for a curling iron...

The only good thing to come out of this was an incredible craving for something from Bruges Waffles. My mortal enemy decided to show a Throwdown on Liège waffles and now that's all I can taste. For those who don't know, a Liège waffle is a denser and sweeter waffle made with pearl sugar, which carmelizes as it cooks, until it looks like this:



Must make mental note to learn this while at school. Until then, mmm...waffles...



Tomorrow, I'll attempt to finish putting together the first round of guinea pig tasters for some people back in Salt Lake. Full report and recipes to follow. As long as I can hide the TV remote as well as I hide my own Easter eggs.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Em! just wanted to let you know I am reading! I am so so super stoked for your awesome new adventure, you will be amazing!!! Good Luck with everything and keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete