Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Obligatory Welcome Note

Welcome (finally) to the blog. It's taken far longer than it should have to start this thing, but I guess the same could be said for the purpose behind it, so I kind of need to get cracking. Because in one week I will be starting my classes in pastry chefery at The French Culinary Institute in New York City.

The program takes about 6 months, during which I will do nothing but eat, sleep, and live food. But mostly eat. At the other end, a Grand DiplĂ´me and a life in unflattering, oversized white coats, covered in flour and sugar, where I get up everyday before the crack of dawn. I can't wait.

This blog is meant to be a way for me to share all the lovely lessons that I learn (and all the not so lovely mistakes), as well as all the experiences I get in a city I never thought I would live in, working on a career I never thought I would have the time to get around to.

Here's hoping I don't gain 30 lbs. and my oversized coat stays oversized.

No comments:

Post a Comment