Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Running Away To Join Le Cirque

I am so excited. I'm finally getting into my groove and things are coming together for me. I'm still not perfect at everything, but my first report card was much better than I thought it would be and everything still tastes delicious. Although I am in serious need of a tart break.

Apparently someone heard my plea for a break, because today we had the snowpacalypse. Ten inches of snow have cost me about $320, since we will not make up the day. For the first time in my life, I am mad I had a snow day.

My roommate (also mad about the snow) and I decided to have some fun and went out to eat at my first world-class NYC restaurant, the legendary Le Cirque. We were just excited to get a reservation two hours before we wanted to eat. That and a cheaper meal thanks to New York Restaurant Week. A three course meal at one of the best restaurants in the world for $35? Yes, please.



Worth the nonexistent wait.

The restaurant itself is absolutely gorgeous and I felt like I was out of place the entire time. At least until I saw the girls sitting two tables over in jeans and sneakers. Then I just sat back and soaked it all in.

So what did I get for my $35? Sautéed Maine Shellfish with fregola Sarda (like Israeli couscous) and red peper-bergamot broth; Monkfish Bouillabaisse with clams, mussels, and fennel; and Crème Brûlée. I have never in my life had such well cooked seafood. The shellfish melted like butter in my mouth and the crème brûlée was so smooth I'm still trying to figure out how they did it. I floated on air the whole way home.

I now have a goal for what I want to be when I grow up. I want to be a dessert in a three star restaurant.

1 comment: